Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

IMG_5046

 Aloha, Wednesday friends! As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy this week for What I Wore Wednesday. One of the things I like about this whole project is that it helps me notice my fashion quirks. I realized recently that I skip wearing a lot of my nicer clothes because I want to "save" them for certain occasions, like meeting up with friends for dinner or going to a special event.  But why does that mean I shouldn't also wear my cutest tops grocery shopping or walking the dog? I'm going to try to be better about this in the coming weeks. For now, here's what I wore:

IMG_4995
Saturday
(Octoberfest dinner at Gordon Biersch and a Celtic music show -- a multicultural night!)
Top: Calvin Klein, Pearl Harbor NEX
Skinny jeans (my first pair ever!): 7 For All Mankind, Pearl Harbor NEX
Boots: Payless
Necklace (my birthday present to myself): The Vintage Pearl
Bangle: Hickam AFB craft fair (the same place I'm going to have a booth to sell my knitting in a couple weeks -- eek!)

IMG_5048
This is the back of the necklace. It was customizable up to six letters; I had trouble deciding what to pick, but finally went with "enjoy" to remind me to enjoy the moment.

IMG_5052
The quest for knee-high brown boots is finally over! Yes, they're a bit cheap-looking but they were cheap (on sale!) and they're really comfy.

IMG_5000
Sunday (Football breakfast buffet with friends... because the NFL games start while I'm still fast asleep in Hawaii. We got to see Tim Tebow lead the Broncos to an amazing come-from-way-behind win!)
Top and hat: gifts
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind, Nordstrom
Flip-flops: Target

IMG_5043
Tuesday
Embellished tank top: Old Navy
White tank top: Target
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind, Pearl Harbor NEX
Earrings: thrifted
Necklace: The Vintage Pearl
Flip-flops: Target

pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! I like your sweet necklace and the pretty peach? tank! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the turquoise top, so fun and the embellished tank, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boots and glad you found some. I know it was a search to find just the right ones. Cute outfits all week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...