Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

IMG_5712
Aloha, Wednesday friends! It's been an interesting clothes week for me. I tried something new that didn't work out, I dressed up for a party, and I actually got to don a sweater for an ice skating outing! I'm excited to share these outfits with you on What I Wore Wednesday and I'm thankful that WIWW helps me decide to put on real clothes when I'm just having a lazy day or doing errands rather than the athletic shorts and t-shirts I'd probably be wearing otherwise. As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

IMG_5609
Wednesday Part 1
(This is the "trying something new" -- wearing my boots during the day. I was inspired by all the other WIWWers who showed off pictures of their boots and decided to go for it on this day of running errands. Unfortunately, not only did I return home drenched in sweat after one errand to change my clothes, someone actually made fun of me for wearing boots in Hawaii!)
Top: Kohl's
Skinny jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Boots: Payless
Aspen leaf necklace: gift
Gold-colored earrings: Target

IMG_5612
Wednesday Part 2
Top: Bisou Bisou, JC Penney
Jeans: same as Wednesday Part 1
Sandals: Kohl's

IMG_5630
Thursday
(Jarrod's squadron Christmas party)
Dress: Ann Taylor, thrifted for -- wait for it -- 25 cents! (and the top part is 100% silk!)
Heels: Target (left over from the days when I had a real job)
Clutch: Target
Coin pearl earrings: craft fair

IMG_5638
Friday
Tan tank top: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted
White tank top: Target
Jeans: Paige
Beaded hoop earrings: Target (I think?! I'm having a terrible brain freeze.)

IMG_5651
Saturday
(ice skating party)
Sweater: Old Navy
White shirt: Target ($3 clearance last winter -- I knew I'd wear it eventually!)
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Earrings: Bealls Florida
Hand-stamped starfish necklace: The Vintage Pearl
Fingerless mitts: knitted by me :)

IMG_5680
Sunday
(lunch out, surf board shopping for Jarrod, and shave ice)
Tan embellished tank top: Old Navy
White tank top: Target
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Necklace: Bead for Life
Coin pearl earrings: craft fair
Watch: Fossil

IMG_5682
The surf board shop was in a part of Honolulu we don't get to often and it just happened to be right next to Waiola Shave Ice, which is featured in almost every episode of "Hawaii 5-0." The shave ice was pretty good (Jarrod had coconut and banana, and I had mango and sweet li hing mui) and I bought myself a t-shirt that looks like the one from the show!

IMG_5684

IMG_5697

IMG_5704
Tuesday
(This blue dress has appeared on WIWW several times now so I thought I'd mix it up and show you how I'd wear it if I lived in a normal place that's not 85 degrees in December!)
Dress: Target
Cream sweater: Target
Belt: Target
Boots: Payless
Wooden bangle: Bealls Florida
Coin pearl earrings: (can you tell I'm in love with these?) craft fair

IMG_5707
And here's what I really wore.
Bronze-colored earrings: Bealls Florida
Flip-flops: Target

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love your outfits this week! They are soooo cute! I'm sad that your boots were not effective because you looked fantastic. I'm incredibly jealous of your thrifted Ann Taylor dress, it's so cute, and you know how much I love dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your boots!!!!! Don't listen to the dumb ass who said you shouldn't wear boots in Hawaii; you looked fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...