Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha, Wednesday friends! It's hard to believe Christmas is just a few short days away. This has been a really great holiday season for me -- check back soon to see some of the fun Hawaiian-style Christmas activities we've done this year. My outfits this week are so-so... I really loved my Wednesday outfit, but by the time I got to Monday and Tuesday I apparently wasn't feeling the whole fashion thing! As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.

WIWW4
I wore this out to dinner with friends. I'm super matchy-matchy and I don't think I've ever in my life mixed brown and gray. But I loved this outfit and it was even pretty comfortable -- until I gorged myself on Thai food and the belt started cutting off my circulation... Anyway, this is a WIWW victory for me! I've been inspired by all the boots and belts I see on other WIWWer's posts and I think I managed to pull this look off!

WIWW5
I really like this outfit -- I think I'm going to look for more neutral tops like this with which I can wear a variety of accessories. I have mixed feelings on the jeans I'm wearing -- I got these on clearance for a really amazing price but... they're petites. As you can probably tell, at 5'9" with "child-bearing hips," I'm anything but petite. But since 7s usually come long and are meant to be hemmed, these fit me pretty well length-wise. The problem is that I constantly have to pull them up and it's really aggravating when I'm, say, grocery shopping and I have to yank my pants up in the back every 60 seconds. I love the dark wash and the style, but I honestly wish I hadn't bought them. Even though they were on clearance, they were still over $50 so I feel like I have to wear them now and again.

WIWW3
On Saturday we went to gorgeous White Plains Beach so Jarrod could try out his brand-spankin'-new surfboard. It was rainy over Honolulu and sunny on the west side of Oahu where we were, and the result was rainbow after gorgeous rainbow.

WIWW 1
I'm not crazy about this outfit. I love yellow as a deocrating color but I've never felt yellow looked good on me fashion-wise. I bought this shirt over a year ago and have only worn it once, so I figured I'd give it another shot. Despite the addition of my favorite necklace, I still don't think this outfit does anything for me.

WIWW2
I wore this outfit under my apron as I baked four different types of Christmas goodies to give to my neighbors. Then I went to deliver said cookies without looking in the mirror. I didn't realize until I got back and took my first couple WIWW pictures that my hair was a bird's nest, the bow on my shirt was completely untied and I pretty much looked like a wreck. Sorry, neighbors. If I were honest, I'd show you that picture instead!

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. How did you do your pictures? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, did I mention I love your haircut? Because I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits this week. Very festive outfits. I think your haircut is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this week's outfits!! the first one and the grey top... so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...