Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha, Wednesday friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! My outfits aren't anything spectacular this week -- we spent Friday and Saturday on the island of Molokai and I pretty much stayed in my loungewear the rest of the long weekend. We had a great time visiting rural, laid-back Molokai and I'll post many more pictures soon! As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to keep me accountable for what I wear and to get fashion inspiration from other bloggers.

12-25-11 Molokai and Christmas 2011
I absolutely adore my new Gryffindor Quidditch t-shirt! I ordered this shirt for a friend for Christmas and just couldn't resist getting one for me!

12-25-11 Molokai and Christmas 20111
Day 1 on Molokai. We drove all around the small island and saw the sights. We got some famous Molokai "Hot Bread" for dessert in the evening -- it's basically an entire loaf of just-baked bread slathered with your choice of toppings. I got cream cheese and blueberry. And then I gorged myself and ate almost half the loaf... and sucked down the majority of a peppermint milkshake!

12-25-11 Molokai and Christmas 20113
Day 2 on Molokai. We took the mule tour down 1,600 feet of sea cliffs to visit Kalaupapa, where Hawaiian leprosy patients were exiled up to the mid-1900s. If you've read the awesome novel "Molokai" by Alan Brennert, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, you should read it!

12-27-11 WIWW
We went to see "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" on Monday. I really enjoyed the movie but I just didn't think it was as good as the Swedish version, which was truer to the book. One thing I love about going to the movies in Hawaii is that it's one of the rare occasions I get to don a sweater! This sweater is perfect for the icy-cold movie theater because it's got almost as much fabric as a small blanket!

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... Christmas on Molokai. Nice! I love your white sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Harry Potter T, FUN! Just the right color for Christmas too. I also noticed your different script styles. Neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...