Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha, Wednesday friends! The past two weeks have been all over the place for me -- Jarrod was home for five wonderful days before heading off for his deployment on Friday. Apparently Mother Nature took a cue from the tears I shed at the airport on Friday night because -- totally uncharacteristically for Hawaii -- we've had four straight days of pouring rain and even a very rare thunderstorm! And as much as I whine about missing seasons and cold weather and thunderstorms, I have to admit that experiencing house-rattling thunder claps after nearly three years without a good severe storm was a wee bit frightening! Let's just say that after the first huge rumble I had to check that nobody -- dog, cat or me -- had wet themself!

Today while it was gullywashing outside, I snuggled under a blanket with some hot tea and watched a really great movie, "Midnight in Paris" with Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. I absolutely loved it and I think it's because reading the novel "The Paris Wife" -- the main character of which is Ernest Hemingway's first wife Hadley and which takes place in 1920s Paris -- really put me in the right mood for it. I recommend both the movie and the book, which I reviewed here.

I was too busy to do a WIWW post last week but I still wanted to show you the pictures. I don't even remember which day I wore what, though, so we've got numbers instead of days this week! As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits and get fashion inspiration from all the other fabulous WIWWers!

02-29-12 Whale Watching 2012


02-29-12 Whale Watching 20121

 
02-29-12 Whale Watching 20122


02-29-12 Whale Watching 20123


Desktop
I hauled the tripod out front and we did a little pre-deployment photo shoot on Thursday.

Collages
I adore this picture! It's headed straight for a nice 8x10 frame!

03-06-12 WIWW
I wore this last night to the first session of a Hawaiian quilting class I'm taking this month. It was still rainy and yucky out, but I was happy for an excuse to wear this gorgeous new ruffly sweater that I couldn't resist rescuing from the clearance rack at Target.

pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. You are looking darling. Love your American Rag top and Target sweater. I loved Midnight in Paris, too. :)

    Sad your husband it deployed. :( Thank you so much to him for serving our country... and for all the sacrifices you are making as his wife. I really appreciate you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater in the last photo, adorable.
    I could almost smell the hawaiian air in the beach photo! sigh. I must get back there.
    I also wanted to say: I admire those families that serve in the military. My husband's Grandpa, Dad and brother all served (WWII,Vietnam, and Desert Storm) One of my favorite authors; Vince Flynn writes about Special ops, I am blown away and humbled every time I see a person in uniform. Their sacrifice does not go unnoticed, though I'm not brave enough to say something to them, I do pray for them. Usually I just stare, and wish I had something "cool" to say. Kicking myself afterward ;0)

    I also must come back and visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures this week. Cute outfits this week too. I loved "Midnight in Paris" too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...