Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha and happy Wednesday! I'm excited to have something new in my wardrobe to share with you this week. Last Wednesday I splurged on a new pair of designer skinny jeans. I love the ones I have (who knew I'd ever say those words?!) and I'd been pining for some in a darker wash. I have such a hard time finding pants that fit right and I was thrilled to find the exact same brand and cut of the jeans I already had in a darker shade. Success!

I also got my hair cut and highlighted Tuesday. I just love the light, fresh feeling that comes with a ahircut. Sadly, my stylist is about to PCS (military term for "move." In case you don't know, everything in the military has an acronym!) and I'm going to miss her desperately. I have an even harder time finding stylists who know what to do with my curly hair than I do finding jeans that fit!

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits and garner inspiration from all the other Wednesday fashionistas.

02-21-12 WIWW4


03-20-12 WIWW
I wore this -- my only truly green shirt -- to a movie matinee on St. Patrick's Day and promptly dripped red Icee down the front of both shirts. (Guess I'm still stuck at Christmas, trying to mix some red in with the green?)

03-20-12 WIWW1
So that night I chose the next greenest thing in my closet. Teal is half green, at least! And I didn't want to get pinched.

03-20-12 WIWW2
And apparently on Sunday I was still in a blue-green mood! I wore this to see "One for the Money," which was playing at the base theater. I absolutely love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, but I didn't have particularly high hopes for the movie. It wasn't as horrible as the previews made it seem, but I'm glad I didn't get my expectations up!

03-20-12 WIWW3
This is my favorite outfit from the week. Normally I'm very tentative about mixing bold colors. So I was proud of myself for going with the bright orange shirt and turquoise necklace.

pleated poppy

9 comments:

  1. My bestfriend worked for the Canadian military as a civilian for 7 years. She liked to say that they had acronyms for their acronyms!
    Love the Spring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits! I love all of your colorful tops. Tuesday is definitely my favorite...love the coral and turquoise together! Visiting from The Pleated Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the coral and turquoise together! And I'll have to look up the ceramic necklace on etsy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of your tops, great colors and styles! SOrry to hear about the icee, hopfully it doesn't stain the shirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking cute Lindsey!
    You made me laugh with the slushy, my kids ask all the time for them, especially when we go to Target. I gave in once and you know where my son spilt his? The towel aisle! Ruined about a dozen towels! I was so embarrassed. Now when they ask I say " No. Don't you remember the last time..." and they both do. ( I must be the meanest mom ever. ;0)
    No slushy for you!
    I'll say it again the jewel tones look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love and adore your outfits and enthusiasm! Thank you for providing such fashionable inspiration.

    Have a well dressed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your green top and that necklace is amazing with it. Sunday and Monday's colors look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new jeans! By the way, do you take your pics with a tri-pod? I'm a WIWW failure lately, but we are going to be getting a new camera soon which will inspire me to take lots of pics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great utfits this week. Very colorful and pretty. Everything just all flowed together with your nre jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...