Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha and happy Wednesday! My outfits aren't much to brag about this week, although I did splurge on a new necklace that I'm excited to show off. I've been wanting a seashell necklace for a while now -- I figured it'd be a memento of our time in Hawaii that I'd wear forever. And on Saturday, I found just the one!

In other fashion news, I have decided to add a scarf to my wardrobe. I fear it'll be a lot like my boots -- completely impractical for Hawaii -- but I just can't resist this trend any longer. Now, matchy-matchy me, I just have to figure out which color will complement the most items in my wardrobe!

Last week I finally got "Downton Abbey" on DVD from Netflix and, while I adore the show in general, I'm especially taken with the clothes the three Grantham daughters wear, especially the dresses in the first couple episodes. Fashion is ever-evolving, but it amazes me how much more casual we are today. I haven't decided yet if I think that's a good or bad thing. Sidenote -- I have a major crush on Matthew Crawley!

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy.


03-25-12 Chinatown1
I wish we had an H&M store in Hawaii! This is my one and only H&M item, which I bought several years ago when visiting a friend lucky enough to be living in a city with an H&M store!

Collages1

 
03-27-12 WIWW
Top: Old Navy
Lace-edged sweater: Target
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Belt and flip-flops: Target
Hand-stamped necklace: The Vintage Pearl

It seems the great fashion debate these days is: belt or no belt? I ultimately went with a belt because I thought it made the cardigan look more modern and less old-ladyish. But I'm still not 100% sure I like the way the outfit looks as a whole. What do you think?

pleated poppy

9 comments:

  1. Cute outfits, especially Tuesday! And I love your Pleated Poppy necklace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you wear it so well. I am checking out my closet to copy cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it with the belt! Love your shell necklace too. You make me want to check out 7 for all Mankind Jeans. THanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it belted. :) Love both of your necklaces! The shell one is unlike any I've seen... pretty!! And I LOVE Downton Abbey. I watched the whole thing and I'm trying to patiently wait for season 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it with the belt! I'm trying to get up the nerve to belt something myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm addicted to belts! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it with the belt best, but it looks really cute both ways. I'm just recently trying the belted look a little bit. My husband laughed at me the first time I wore one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the last outfit with the belt! You have a great figure for it and it accents your waist. Looks good either way; the belt just takes it up a notch. Great looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute outfits. I love your new necklace, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...