Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha and happy Wednesday! As I write this post, I find myself contemplating the possibility of a pair of colored skinny jeans. I immediately discounted the idea of ever squeezing myself into a pair; I'm a strong proponent of dark denim -- it disguises all the lumps and bumps, for one thing! But yesterday I was out running errands and saw a gorgeous pair of turquoise skinnies. I'm sure you've noticed by now that turquoise and pink are my favorite fashion colors, and I think I actually let loose a small gasp when I saw them on the mannequin. Problem is, my body is not exactly shaped like a mannequin's, and figuring out what to pair them with is rather beyond my fashion qualifications!

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits.

WIWW1
I love this outfit! I don't know why it took me so long to join the legions of waist-belters. Look what it does for my figure! Last week I went on a quest for a colored belt; I was hoping for turquoise but I ended up with this pink tassled number from Forever 21. It's actually meant for traditional belt placement, so I had to use a nail to make a new hole in it. But for the ridiculously low price, it was worth it!

I'm also very thrilled to debut my new fingerprint necklace on WIWW! I got it to keep a piece of Jarrod close to my heart while he's deployed, but I know I'll cherish and wear it forever.

WIWW2

 
WIWW3
Top: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Sand dollar necklace: Boutiki gift shop on Pearl Harbor
Coin pearl earrings: craft fair
Bangle: Bealls Florida

pleated poppy

9 comments:

  1. Awesome outfits.. I love your heart chain, so beautiful.. Lovely blog you have here..;)) Stopping in via Pleated poppy WIWW & officially a follower with smiles.. ;)) Hope you can visit too.. Wishing you a lovely mid-week.. xoxo ~Marilyn (http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING Friday's outifit!! That pink belt with the striped shirt is perfection! And how cool is that necklace with your fingerprints?! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I found your blog through WIWW - and I'm so glad I did. Your first outfit is my favorite, and I LOVE that fingerprint necklace. I'm your newewst follower. Happy Wednesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that necklace! What a creative way to keep a loved one near--might need to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pink belt! and that necklace is one of the coolest things I've seen. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first outfit looks great with the belt. Love it!
    ~Christy (http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled upon your blog, and I love it! It is right up my alley! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that pink belt, love the thumbprint necklacae!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your Friday outfit. The pink belt just pulls the outfit together. Great jewelry to compliment your outfits too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...