Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WIWW: Look, I Do Own Shoes!

Aloha! There's rare and unpleasant occurrence on display in my WIWW post this week -- I'm actually wearing... SHOES! One of my very favorite things about living in Hawaii is that it's perfectly acceptable to wear sandals everywhere (except work, lest I drop a book on my foot). Unfortunately, my black sandals decided they'd had enough of being trodden on and paid me back by falling apart while I was out running errands a couple weeks ago. I have a tough time finding shoes (even "slippers," as the locals call flip-flops) and I've not yet found a suitable replacement. So when I needed black footwear this week, the shoes came out!

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits and get inspiration from other WIWWers. Happy Wednesday!

wiww1
Top: Macy's
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Necklace: International Marketplace, Waikiki
Flip-flops: Target

wiww2

wiww3
Top: JC Penney
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Clutch: made by my talented friend, LeAnn
Shoes: Target
Coin pearl earrings: craft fair
*I wore this to an advance screening of the new movie "The Lucky One," which I loved!

wiww4
I really like this outfit! (Too bad the camera gave the picture a yellowish cast, but you get the idea.) 

wiww5

pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you're so good at jewelry. I love jewelry bu I hate buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your outfits but the grey top with belt is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you've already seen The Lucky One! And, I love the outfit you wore to the screening!! That belt is great.
    ~Christy (http://www.christyBphotography.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so darling. Love the necklaces. The gray top outfit is my favorite... adorable!! What photo editing software do you use?? piknic.com is closing tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to edit photos now! Yours are so cute, so I thought I'd ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I use Picasa to do the vast majority of my photo editing, and I use the "collage" function to make my WIWW pictures. Occasionally I'll use Corel Paint Shop Pro for the more complex editing, like removing something from the picture (i.e. the ugly outlet cover that's near where I take my WIWW photos). It stinks that Piknic is closing... I've been meaning to check it out for months. Anyway, Picasa is free and I LOVE it -- you should take a look!

      Delete
  5. love the coral and teal together in the first picture! and love the belted cardigan too! visiting from the pleated poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She does have shoes! But who needs shoes in Hawaii anyway. Cute flats though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...