Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha! It's been a bit of a mixed week for me fashion-wise. Success: I chose two shirts that I hadn't worn in a while and made them feel fresh again. Not-so-successful: With the halfway exception of Sunday, I spent the rest of the week at work or in lounge clothes. But! I have an excuse! My air conditioner was out of commission from Friday night to Tuesday afternoon, and the last thing I wanted to do while baking in my sauna of a house was wear real clothes!

pleated poppy

1


2
I've had this shirt for several years and used to adore it, but every time I'd gone to wear it lately it just seemed too dull and colorless. Which is odd, because I typically love gray. So I decided to see if I could make it work, and instead of using the shirt as the centerpiece of the outfit I made it a background for my pink accessories. This shirt was working its way to the donate pile, but this outfit just may have put it back in my good graces.

3

5 comments:

  1. I love all of your cute looks. I especially like the fact that they are wearable on an every day basis. Love this post!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Friday's outfit. The top and the little pops of pink are perfect. On an unrelated note: How do you like Death Comes to Pemberley? I read it at Christmas-time. It was a fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I love those last earrings I'm going to have to pop over to that shop right now. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore, Read, and Made Link party

    marissa

    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Fridays outfit!!! .. And you book reviews! I am an avid reader too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love Friday's outfit. I like your new earings too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...