Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha, Wednesday friends! Thanks for all your input and reassurance last week; I'm glad to know people with normally functioning eyes and brains don't think I look like a teenager! No more rants this week... instead, I'm excited to tell you that I just bought one of those J. Crew bubble statement necklaces. Normally I avoid the super-trendy stuff, at least until I'm sure it's going to stick around for a while. But I've really noticed the impact a bold necklace can have on an outfit and, as much as I love my go-to turquoise necklace and my petal drop necklace from The Pleated Poppy, I thought it was time for something new. So I'm hoping my J. Crew necklace will make its WIWW debut next week!

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits and get fashion inspiration from all the WIWW fashionistas! Happy Wednesday!

wiww1


wiww2
Most girls love getting glammed up in dressy clothes, but not me. I never have the right jewelry, I only know how to style my hair 1.5 ways, and I can never find heels that don't give me a blister. But I'm absolutely in love with this dress I bought in Colorado two weeks ago for my brother's graduation. So far I've worn it moderately dressy -- to the graduation and this time to a brunch -- but I love how it could be dressed up further with some cute wedges and glitzier jewelry, and I know come fall I'll dress it down with a belted sweater and my brown boots. It's just so versatile! (P.S. I'm trying out a new WIWW pose -- what do you think?)

wiww3
Monday:
Top: Kohls
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Shell necklace: Boutiki gift shop
Flip-flops: Kohls
Earrings: same as Saturday and Sunday

wiww4
This is a new sweater -- I bought it on clearance on my Colorado trip. I had originally intended to wear it with my pink belt, but it just didn't look right. Too many odd shapes and not enough symmetry, I think. It's funny how a year ago I never belted anything, but now it's my first instinct with any sweater!

pleated poppy

11 comments:

  1. Love all of your outfits and I'm a fellow Kohl's shopper so I always enjoy seeing their stuff on others. :) The first outfit is my favorite...that top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the new pose, ha ha! The white dress looks so pretty and feminine. I keep seeing 7 for Mankind jeans on people on WIWW. Have to check them out sometime!

    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,

      I absolutely love my 7 For All Mankind jeans. They're expensive, but I've discovered it's worth it to spend a lot on jeans that fit me perfectly and that I'll love and wear for years rather than buy a ton of $40 jeans that I don't adore. You should try on a pair! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been sorely tempted to buy a bubble necklace myself. Did you go the ebay route? I can't wait to see it! PS~ I love the cream dress and your new WIW pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get it on eBay. I was initially going to get a faux one from Etsy, but (and I feel bad for saying this) I thought they were kinda pricey when I ended up getting the real thing (hopefully!) on eBay for $30! I got the coral and orange one... I'm so excited for it to come in the mail!

      Delete
  4. Greetings from Pasadena. I like all your outfits! You look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous in your lacy dress!! And I love your Saturday earrings. :) I'm really getting tempted to get one of the Pleated Poppy necklaces. Such a cute statement with the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been thinking about getting a second Pleated Poppy necklace. I wear mine all the time -- I chose one with a few different colors in it and I'm glad I did because it goes with so many different outfits!

      Delete
  6. I popped over from the link up at the pleated poppy - I L.O.V.E. that pink shirt! I've been trying to wear more interesting jewelry lately, and I've found several things at Kohl's in their clearance jewelry section. I'm not sure I'm doing it very well, but it sure is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gorgeous white dress! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first look with the pink shirt and turquoise necklace,that's a great pairing. Also the white dress is super cute and versatile.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...