Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What I Wore For My Best Friend's Visit

Aloha and happy Wednesday! I have an extra-long post for you today; I didn't have time to put together a WIWW post last week because my best friend Katie was visting! We had such a great time hanging out and crossing off a few of my Hawaii bucket list items. And it's just so nice and easy and refreshing to be with somebody who knows me so well and around whom I can be my complete self. Katie and I met 13 years ago in our freshman band class where we both played the clarinet. It's crazy to think we've been friends for over a decade now!

As always, I'm sharing my outfits on The Pleated Poppy, which reminds me to put real clothes on and not wear athletic shorts and t-shirts to the grocery store -- or anywhere! Happy Wednesday!

06-26-12 Katie's Visit #3
This was taken when Katie and I went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation to gorge ourselves on delicious Dole Whip pineapple ice cream. Before we moved to Hawaii (2 1/2 years ago now!) I thought pineapples grew on trees... or something. Not so!

wiww2
Tank top: Old Navy
Teal crops: Calvin Klein
Necklace: Seek First on Etsy
Starfish earrings: Boutiki gift shop

wiww3
I wore this to afternoon tea at the Moana Surfrider, one of the historic hotels in Waikiki. And guess what -- I finally found the perfect (reasonably priced) brown purse! I'm in love with it, and it was on sale for only $30!
Lace dress: Kohls
Belt: Target
Necklace: J. Crew via eBay
Earrings: Target
Sandals: Kohls
Purse: Bueno via the NEX

wiww4
Katie and I also did a mai tai sunset cruise. The mai tais were decent, the sunset was decent, the catamaran was blah (I'm apparently not a catamran person) but the super-hot shirtless Hawaiian bartender was oh so worth it! ;) I bought this new necklace while Katie and I were in Waikiki the previous day for our afternoon tea.

wiww5

wiww6
Kaite and I toured gorgeous Iolani Palace where Hawaiian royalty used to reside.

07-03-12 WIWW
I am soooo in love with my new scarf! It's so colorful it'll match anything.
Top: JC Penney
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Scarf: Cinnamon Girl
Purse: Bueno via the NEX
Sandals: Kohls
Earrings: Bealls Florida

07-03-12 WIWW1_2
It's funny that eight or nine months ago, I was still declaring that I would never wear skinny jeans. And here I am now, wearing them nearly every day! I actually have to force myself to select my trusty old bootcuts (like these) from my closet!

pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Love them all. I think the Saturday outfit is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Cute outfits! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your outfits. I like how you presented all your pictures. It's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE fridays pictures--the ocean, your colors, the necklace & starfish earrings...it all looks like a page out of a magazine! really cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits all week! Love all the colors and you accessorized your outfits perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! My fave is Saturdays - the lace dress with the pretty coral necklace is so cute on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the white dress - its perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the aqua jeans! Perfect for summer. Feel free to stop by my blog anytime- I host a weekly link party called "This Week the Trend" that I'd love for you to join and I'm currently offering free ad space! I hope you have a great week!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute outfits! i love the pink + aqua combo for the sunset cruise. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your outfits. The new scarf is great, you can wear it with anything. Great new purse too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...