Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha and happy Wednesday! I had lots of days off work this past week and caught up on some "What Not To Wear" episodes on my DVR. Here are two points of wisdom that I liked so much I scribbled them down on the back of a knitting pattern:

*There are a lot of wonderful things about putting on an outfit that makes you happy.
--Clinton

*Matchy-matchy is a very antiquated way to look at accessories...it's such an old idea of the way that you style. --Stacey

I'm definitely a very matchy-matchy person and I'm trying to be more daring with accessories like jewelry. But I'm not sure I'll ever get over the idea that my purse and shoes have to match!

wiww1


wiww4
So. Honesty time. This outfit is sooo comfortable and moderately fashionable and it's what I wear when I can't find anything else. I spent at least 20 minutes trying on various other outfits and I just didn't feel right in anything, so I ended up with my go-to. That smile in the picture above? Totally fake. By that time I was rather grumpy and cursing WIWW!

This is what my bed looked like after I tried on half my closet:

wiww6
(Alright, more honesty time. That is not anywhere near half my closet. I have tons of clothes, which makes it all the more frustrating when I can't find anything to wear!)

wiww3
On Thursday I got a much-needed haircut! Ahhh, so much better now!

wiww2
This is my favorite outfit from the week. AND it was totally comfortable!

wiww5
Oh my, I still can't believe I left the house in this. Pairing two bold colors is soooo far out of my comfort zone that I felt awkward and self-conscious the whole time I was on my weekly Target shopping trip. I want to get more adventurous with my teal crops (you may have noticed that I've only paired them with grays and whites so far) and was inspired by the colors of the dress I wore on Friday, but I'm not sure it worked. What do you think?

pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. i love the two bright colors together. maybe if you had some accessory to tie the two together, you wouldn't be as self-conscious? like some sandals, necklace, bracelet, etc. that had both colors in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 4th outfit and your Friday dress! I think your colour blocking outfit looks great too :)

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a matchy-matchy too; I feel your pain. I really like the turquoise necklace and the rosey red tee in your first outfit. They look great together!

    And bravo for stepping outside of your comfort zone. It's crazy hard, but often so very worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, I LOVE that dress outfit and the picture of you in the dress :) so pretty!! also, I feel your frustration with the trying on every outfit and then giving up thing. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...