Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha! This week I bought some black skinny jeans. In fact, I went on a quest for black skinny jeans. And while I was on this quest it occurred to me how strange fashion can be. A couple years ago, nobody would be caught dead in black denim OR skinny jeans. How is it that clothing that's been at the height of uncool can suddenly become trendy again? Who decides these things? Are we all going to be rushing out to buy fanny packs soon?

Back to skinny jeans, my next shopping quest will be for pair of white to go with my black, dark blue and medium blue. And I'd really like to have someone tailor all my beloved designer bootcut jeans into skinnies (or drag out my sewing machine and attempt it myself). In the past couple months, I've almost stopped wearing them entirely (unless I'm doing the un-WIWW thing and going out in a plain outfit) and that makes me sad. I've had some of my jeans going on five years and I've made so many memories in them. I'm not ready to part with them yet! (And thus lies the joy of buying $150 jeans -- five years later they still fit and I still love them and they haven't fallen apart!)

As always, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy to share my outfits. Happy Wednesday!

08-11-12 WIWW
Yay -- I'm finally one of the cool kids with a chambray shirt! I absolutely love it, and I have to say that this outfit was unexpectedly comfortable. Typically I put on my gym shorts and t-shirt as soon as I get home from anywhere, but I actually wore this outfit for the entire day. Like 12 hours. That's saying something!

08-11-12 WIWW1
Whoa! This shirt really isn't quite that blinding shade of pink!

Jewelry2
I was originally wearing my new black jeans with this outfit but I decided to change into my teal crops. I haven't worn them recently, and since we're moving to much old climes this winter I figure I'll get more than enough use out of all my jeans then!

Jewelry3


pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. Love your first outfit! I saw that polka dot chambray top at ON and was in love. But I already own the same top w/o polka dots...trying to justify the 2nd one in my closet! and I have black skinny jeans and love them...can't wait for it to be cool enough to wear them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first outfit is darling! I love thepolka dot top! Don't give up on your boot cut jeans yet. As you said, it's only a matter of time before they become the height of fashion again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first outfit...that top is great! And your Sunday outfit is really fun. Love all of your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Saturdays outfit! Bright colors look nice on you. Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your classic looks and how you put your pictures and outfit information together!

    hoping over from wiww @ pleated poppy.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, no, not the fanny pack! LOL I still haven't taken the plunge and purchased a pair of black skinniest yet but I do have several denim colored pairs. But I still heart my bootcuts. I just feel so much more comfortable in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable outfits! I love the dotted chambray shirt, and that Etsy necklace is so, so cute! I totally agree that fashion is so weird and fickle with trends - and ps, I went to a summer music festival a few weeks ago and I can tell you that fanny packs are definitely back in (at least for a certain demographic...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...