Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Aloha and happy Wednesday! It's crazy to think that in three short months I won't be able to start my WIWW posts with "aloha" anymore, since I'll be shivering and bundled up in sweaters and fur-lined slippers and electric blankets in Ohio. We have grown to absolutely love Hawaii and it's going to be so hard to bid our tropical paradise aloha, but such is the military life. And moving to Ohio does have some pluses -- I'll finally get to wear my boots and scarves and cardigans!

We've done so much during our three years here, but we still have quite a long Hawaii to-do list. My mom was here for a wonderful week-long visit and we had a great time lounging on the beach and relaxing -- something Jarrod and I don't do enough of! I'll be posting some pictures from my mom's visit later in the week.

For now, here's what I wore:
 
wiww3
My mom was taking some pictures of us after we watched the sun set at the beach Saturday night and Jarrod thought it would be fun if we attempted a dorky magazine photo shoot pose. We plastered on some massive smiles and I threw my head back in a semi-real guffaw... and surprisingly, it actually made a pretty natural-looking, rather cute picture!

wiww2
If you ever visit Oahu, you should check out the swap meet/marketplace at Aloha Stadium (where the Pro Bowl's played) on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The parking lot around the stadium is filled with vendors selling souvenirs, handmade crafts and food, and cheap jewelry! When Mom and I went on Sunday, I got some chocolate-coconut cookies, two necklaces, a Hawaiian-print apron, a wooden sign, a knockoff Prada bag and some barbeque sauce and fresh sliced coconut for Jarrod. It was quite a shopping spree!

wiww1
Here's the other necklace I bought at the swap meet on Sunday. It'll be perfect to bring some Hawaiian sunshine to the dreary Ohio winter in my future!
 
pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. Love the stripey shirt with the coral necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big change from Hawaii to Ohio. Your Hawaii wear is always well put together. I am sure your Ohio style will be too! Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits! Love the stripes and coral necklace. Visisting from WIWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your cheesy shot turned out so cute! And you're reading Unbroken? Awesome, it's on my "to-read" list. Are you knitting lots of Christmas gifts? I'm working on two

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...