Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween + Our Pumpkins

IMG_9271_cropped
Are you having a spook-tacular Halloween? I am, clad in orange and black with a posse of pumpkins awaiting dusk downstairs. I've carved a pumpkin each year as far back as my memory reaches; it's a tradition in my family. As soon as we started dating, it became mandatory for Jarrod to carve one too, and now every year we craft a pumpkin for Conan as well. This year we got massive pumpkins from the patch and it was quite a lot of work to gut and carve through them, but they look great! And now we have a ridiculous amount of pumpkin seeds to roast -- I've got a batch in the oven right now!
 
IMG_9292
This one is mine. I got the free pineapple pattern here and added the "Hawaii."

 
IMG_9278
Jarrod made a tiki man.

 
IMG_9288
And we carved a Charlie Brown and Snoopy pumpkin for Conan.

 
IMG_9259
He helped! :)
 


I think we made the right design choice!
(image source)
 

1 comment:

  1. Those are some awesome pumpkins! And you're right, it looks like that was the perfect choice for Conan! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...