Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ten Popular Books I've Yet To Read


 This week's Top Ten Tuesday list at The Broke and the Bookish is a FREEBIE (which is great after a busy Memorial Day weekend)! I'm sure many bloggers will have much more thought-provoking topics than mine, but I went the easy route with:

Ten Popular Books I Haven't Got Around To Reading Yet

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Are any of them worth moving to the top of my TBR list?

In no particular order:


1. This is one book that seems popular with book bloggers and "regular" readers alike (I've noticed a disconnect there -- oftentimes I'll mention a book I've seen over and over again on blogs to a friend or co-worker at the library and they'll have never even heard of it). Anyhow -- "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" seems to be popular with everyone, and I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman before, so I hope this will be a good introduction to his work.


2. I love the TV show and I'm pretty sure I'll love the books. I think having watched the TV show will help me navigate all the characters and subplots in the book better, and conversely I think reading the books will give the show greater depth.


3. I love WWII novels, and I've read lots of good things about this YA one.


4. Ah, "Eleanor and Park." We met once before, and then I had to take you back to the library to be withdrawn because you were smeared with a horrible substance. Maybe next time I'll get farther than page 30.


5. It won the Pulitzer... but it's extremely long and heavy (I mean physically heavy -- you could work out with this thing)! I have it on hold at the library but luckily I won't get it for several weeks. I'll go into this one with some trepidation, I think.


6. I remember being intrigued by this little blue middle-grade novel way back when we got it in at the library I worked at in Hawaii. Now it's really popular, and it seems like a quick, easy and relevant read.


7. I've heard the audiobook is the way to go on this funny memoir.


8. Time to see if this book lives up to all its hype!


9. I finally watched all the movies back in 2012 and loved them. I now understand about hobbit holes and orcs and the One Ring. It seems that Tolkien is a master storyteller and I'd like to experience the tale in literary form.

10. To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure what this book is about exactly. But it seems like it's a a huge hit in the book blogging community and I intend to pick it up next time I feel like a little YA dystopian fiction.

4 comments:

  1. El & P is so good! Make sure you read it before the movie comes out. Also I suggest reading Bossy Pants on Audio bc Tina Fey is the reader and it's a great listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely listen to Bossypants on audiobook. It's so worth it. But be careful if you're in public because you will laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Code Name Verity from this list, so you're not alone! I feel I really need to read something, anything from Neil Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOTR is such a literary titan, but I haven't read it, etiher! I tried once and stopped.

    Good luck with Game of Thrones....that is a monstrously large series!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...