Thursday, February 16, 2017

I Judge Books By Their Covers: Lab Girl



Hi, my name is Lindsay, and I judge books by their covers.

I just finished reading the fantastic memoir "Lab Girl" by Hope Jahren, about her journey as a woman and brilliant scientist (as well as fascinating tidbits about trees and plants). Perfect time, then, to compare covers!


U.K. cover

U.S. cover

The U.S. cover is perfectly fine, it fits with the book, and it would surely catch my eye at a library or bookstore. I definitely don't dislike it, but I loooove the U.K. cover! Maybe because I'm obsessed with looking at the patterns and shapes and colors of leaves myself, but I think it's just gorgeous. And it's also got a little illustrated Hope Jahren! And I think the inclusion of a subtitle is a good idea, too. I can see how some people might think the U.K. cover is too busy, but I have a thing for illustrated covers and pops of red, so there's no way the U.K. cover wasn't getting my vote!

Do tell: which cover do you prefer?

3 comments:

  1. I really do prefer the US cover but I can see the appeal with the UK cover. I will have to see what this one's all about since you loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I favor the U.K. cover, but the U.S. cover is nice too. I wish I had a good reason why. The U.K. version just stands out for me. Maybe, like you said, it's the patterns and shapes of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...