Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Week in Pictures

11-11-12 Blog

1. Jarrod had to work all weekend, so on Thursday we went over to White Plains Beach on the west side of the island. Jarrod surfed while I lounged and read. (That's Honolulu and Diamond Head in the distance.)

2. Right now I'm reading "Thunder Dog," a book about a blind man and his guide dog in the World Trade Center on 9/11.

3. The annual base fall craft fair was yesterday and I spent a good hour browsing around. Among my purchases: two new pairs of earrings.

4. Double rainbow -- the view from my backyard. Darn tree!

5. I made an acorn squash for the first time this week. I topped it with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and honey, and man was it delicious. Acorn squash seems to be a great change-up from sweet potatoes. Plus, getting it ready to cook was like "carving" a miniature pumpkin -- stringy goop, seeds and all. Fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new earings that you found at the craft fair. I'm going to try the recipe for the sqaush next week. Great rainbow pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...