Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"Reading Outside The Box" 2014 Reading Challenge

I'm excited to announce that I'm participating in my first ever reading challenge: the Reading Outside The Box Challenge hosted by The Cheap Reader. I'd really never heard of (or, maybe more accurately, noticed) reading challenges until recently, when everyone started signing up for 2014, and it turns out there's quite a variety hosted by dozens of different book blogs. I chose this challenge because some of the categories are outside my comfort zone (an audiobook, a translated book) and others just sound fun, like re-reading a book you loved as a child but haven't picked up since.

Here's the game board, which I'll be updating throughout the year, with some explanations below:



•Read a Chunkster: Read a book with 600+ pages.
•Reading by Ear: Listen to an audiobook .
•Accidentally Watched the Movie First: You didn’t realize the movie was based on a book until after you watched it. Ideally you haven’t read the book yet.
•Relive the Magic: Reread a book you really enjoyed as a kid but haven’t touched it since then.
•Gathering Dust: You’ve had this book for years and you still haven’t read it.
•Loved By Others: Other people really love this book but for whatever reason you haven’t read it yet.
•Lost in Translation: This book was originally written in another language.
•Second Chance: You read this book a while back and didn’t enjoy it, didn’t finish it, or were on the fence about it. Time to give it another try!

2 comments:

  1. What a great challenge! If I hadn't vowed to keep challenges down this year and only take on the ones that help me with my current TBR pile, I'd totally be on for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've been living under a rock or what, but I really had no idea there were all these reading challenges! I'm excited to try out this one, and it actually does mostly apply to my (very, very large) TBR pile, with a couple out-of-my-comfort-zone exceptions like graphic novel and self-published. Should be fun!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...