Friday, May 2, 2014

Knitting FO: Peony Cowl

DSCF2684
Peony Cowl
Pattern: Spring Lace Infinity Scarf by Linda Thach
My Ravelry project page (with notes and changes)
Yarn: KnitPicks Comfy Fingering in Peony
 
DSCF2735
When I first came across this pattern on Ravelry a few weeks ago, I knew I had to drop everything and make it. Something about it just called to me -- it seemed like the perfect accessory for spring, so light and drapey, yet cozy enough for those chillier days. I immediately ordered some yarn and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Turns out, I made it at just the right time because we're now experiencing "those chillier days" that, despite the green, green grass and flowers poking up their heads, feel more like fall than spring. I've already worn my cowl twice this week and I'm thrilled with it.

DSCF2695
 The pattern is undeniably pretty, but I especially like the cotton/acrylic blend yarn. I've never used cotton before, but I have now officially fallen in love. All of my wool cowls and shawls make my neck sweat, especially when I wear them to work at the library. But this yarn is so much more comfortable and breathable -- and at $2.99 a skein it's super affordable. An added bonus is that it's machine washable!
 
DSCF2736
This was a fun, easy pattern and I learned something new -- the elongated stockinette stitch It involves making YOs on one row and then dropping them on the next to create a larger, more open V-shape. That stitch is a bit of a pain in the ass -- especially when you already have 360 stitches on your needles -- but I like the added drapiness and texture it lends.

I love my soft, beautiful new cowl. It's perfect for spring (and fall and winter). The pattern's free, so check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of your cowl. It looks so soft and pretty and goes great with your outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...