Friday, November 10, 2017

The Book Releases I'm Most Looking Forward To Oct. to Dec. 2017

It's so hard to believe we're already halfway done with the final quarter of the year; 2017 has positively flown by for me. I feel like it was just Christmas, and here we are less than two months away from Christmas all over again! All this is to say, I intended to publish this post back toward the beginning of October, before all these books were released, but oh well: better late than never, right?!

fall book releases

From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty: Doughty's first book, "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," about her time working in the funeral industry, was fascinating and morbid and has stuck with me more than most books do. It was really thought-provoking -- why are we as a society so distanced from death? what do I want to happen to my body after I die? -- and I'm excited to read her new book, which takes the topic even further.

Origin by Dan Brown: I've already blazed through this newest Robert Langdon installment! It was a typical Dan Brown book, but I'll tell ya -- I could not put it down!

American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee: I'm trying to read more non-fiction and this one, which tells the story of a particular wolf in Yellowstone, sounds really interesting!

Strange Weather by Joe Hill: I've read most of Joe Hills books, and the ones I haven't I'll get to eventually. I don't often read short fiction, but I'm planning to try this compilation, which includes four horror novellas.

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King: Ok, so this technically came out at the tail-end of September, but we might as well include the whole King family here (in case you didn't know, Joe Hill is Stephen King's son too). This book is super-long, but the plot (about a disease/curse/thingie that only affects women) has me totally intrigued!

The Bloodprint by Ausma Zehanat Khan: I'm in a total fantasy mood right now and the premise of this one, the first in a new series, sounds really good! It's pretty complex, but it has to do with some badass magical women fighting off a "superstitious patriarchy...bent on world domination."

Artemis by Andy Weir: I loved "The Martian" and I've been looking forward to Weir's second novel since the day it was announced! I'm excited that it's more of a traditional sci-fi story -- it's set on the moon -- and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

The Revolution of Marina M. by Janet Fitch: I'm having a moment where I'm really interested in books set in Russia, and this chunkster promises to a captivating epic historical fiction story.

City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty: This is the first book in a new fantasy series set in 1700s Cairo that features a spunky-sounding protagonist and a djinn. I'm not quite sure if it's supposed to be adult or YA (I usually avoid YA) but I'm definitely going to give it a try!


The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden: I enjoyed "The Bear and the Nightingale," a historical fantasy derived from Russian folktales, and I'm excited to dive into book 2!

2 comments:

  1. Artemis is one I am excited for. I think I will get the audio since that is how I did the Martian. I just got The Bear and the Nightingale so I hope to get to that and hope the next book is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artemis is the only one on my wishlist too, but so many of these look good. Too many books, too little time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...