Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas Song Book Tag

I saw this on Adventures of a Bibliophile, though I couldn't track it back to its original source. Feel free to play along!

1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.

The Dragon from Uprooted seemed like a villain until we got to know him better.



2. “All I Want for Christmas is You” Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?

Maybe if it's actually right in front of me, I'll finally read it!



3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” Name a character who overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves. 

Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter.



4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list? b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list? 

a) Isabelle from Little Fires Everywhere. She did burn the house down, after all.

b) Eleanor Oliphant. She's not quite there yet, but she's trying -- and she's had a crazy enough time of it that she deserves something good from Santa! Maybe a large supply of hard cider?



5. “Frosty the Snowman” Which book just melts your heart.

Ummmm... anything -- literally anything -- with dogs!


6. “Feliz Navidad” Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own. 

The Heart's Invisible Furies is set in Ireland, and the country is very much a part of the story.



7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?

The Dogs of Christmas is festive, adorable and has puppies. It's the best Christmas novel I've read.



8. “Sleigh Ride” Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)?

The Weasleys at the Burrow, of course. I want one of Mrs. Weasley's handknit initial sweaters!



9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside” Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?

While I didn't hate it, Artemis was such a disappointment that I wouldn't mind using it as kindling.



10. “Do You Hear What I Hear” Which book do you think everyone should read?

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi! It was my favorite book in 2016 and I've recommended it all year long. It's a fabulous work of fiction, but it's also timely and important.

3 comments:

  1. I did this tag this week as well. I haven't read The Dogs of Christmas but I do have the hardback. I read Pupcakes this year and I would recommend it to you - it's women's fiction with a strong dog component. It takes place Oct-Dec so there are some Christmas elements. I bet a lot of people are upset you are lighting Artemis on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the months of March to April 2022, the Tripura Board of Secondary Education (TBSE) will conduct the abstract of the Higher Secondary (10+2) Arts, Commerce, and Science Examination in Tripura State. The TBSE has released the Blueprint for the Higher Secondary (10+2) Model Question Paper 2022 on their official website. Tripura HS Model Paper 2022 The 12th Suggestions Blueprint for 2022 has been uploaded by the Tripura Board. Students can now download Question Papers and other materials for their exams from this page. If you're a student looking for papers from the Tripura Board's 12th examination last year, you've come to the right place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...