Thursday, May 26, 2011

More Books on the Big Screen!

So the other day, not long after I posted about watching "Water for Elephants" and "Something Borrowed" at the theater, I was slaving away on the exericse bike in front of the TV when I saw a preview for a book-based movie that made me stop mid-pedal: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I thought "The Help" was phenomenal, and it really lended itself well for Hollywood. I bet the movie will be fantastic! It's scheduled for release on August 12 and stars Emma Stone as Skeeter.

And there are a few other movies coming out based on fabulous books that I neglected to mention in my previous post. The first segment of "Breaking Dawn" (of the "Twilight" saga) comes out November 18. And FINALLY, after apparently years in the works, the first movie based on the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, "One for the Money" releases January 27, 2012. Unfortunately, unlike "The Help," I'm afraid this movie might be a dud. The actors aren't exactly who I (or many of the readership, I believe) would have chosen. I like Katherine Heigl, but I just can't picture her at Stephanie.

Also this year, I'm also excited to see "The Three Musketeers" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (I LOVED the Swedish version of the trilogy, but I think Daniel Craig will make a great Mikael Blomkvist). I will definitely get "Jane Eyre" on Netlfix (I wasn't about to drag poor Jarrod to that; I don't think he's yet forgiven me for making him watch "Pride and Prejudice" on DVD with me), and I really enjoyed "The Lincoln Lawyer," which was based on a book of the same name by Michael Connelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...