Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday #1

My friend Veronica has a great blog called Life by the Skein in which she writes about knitting, crafts, and other fun stuff. The main thing I look forward to, though, is her What I Wore Wednesday posts, in which she links up with the originator of WIWW at The Pleated Poppy blog and posts photos of some of her outfits from the week. I think the whole thought process behind WIWW is that it will make you put more time and consideration into your outfits, since you know you'll be posting pictures of them for all the world to see. My motivation is a bit different -- I've somehow gotten stuck in a shopping rut since we moved to Hawaii. I used to love shopping, but now almost all of my clothes (especially shirts) come from either Target or the Air Force base thrift store where I work. My goal is to re-expand my shopping horizons. So without further ado:

Dress (which I purchased especially for this occasion -- my husband's promotion -- and actually has a really pretty light black print that's hard to see with this lighting): Target
Pearl earrings: thrift store
Shoes: several years old and horrendously uncomfortable, Target


I wore this outfit to a poker party last Friday (which turned into an all-night affair!)
Sequined tank top: Target
Jeans: Paige Denim, Nordstrom (these are my favorite jeans and I wear them incessantly
Earrings: Target

This is what I wore to work today. It's a pretty typical work outfit for me; I usually wear jeans and a decent top.
Jeans: (same as above) Paige Denim, Nordstrom
Tank top: Target
Sweater: H&M (I sure wish we had one of these here in Hawaii!)
Necklace: The Vintage Pearl
Earrings: Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...