Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Julia Child Birthday Cake

IMG_5082
I celebrated my 26th birthday on Thursday by baking myself a cake fit for a queen, Julia Child's Reine de Saba (Queen of Sheba) cake. This thin little cake is flavored with almonds and rum, and the frosting is rich and thick and buttery.

IMG_5080
I had expected the cake to be fudgey and dark-chocolatey and I was surprised to find it light and airy. It was yummy, but it was kind of a lot of work and, honestly, I was hoping for that rich, thick chocolate cake, so I'm not sure I'll make it again. Still, I'm glad I tried it and after reading Julia's autobiography I'm excited to try more of her recipes. Next up is the famous bouef bourguignon!

IMG_5094

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...