Monday, January 16, 2012

My Happiness Project, Part 2

Back at the end of November, I told you in this post about a magazine article I'd read that proclaimed we could all feel more content by New Year's simply by writing down three positive aspects of each day for two weeks. I decided to give the project a try and thus began filling up a notebook with lists of happy things.

I found that, as I got into it, I began to look forward to the ritual of reviewing my day, picking out the positives, and then selecting the three best things. Admittedly, there were times when I struggled to even come up with one good part of the day, which had the opposite effect and made me feel even more down in the dumps.

But overall, I really enjoyed the project and actually kept at it for the entire month of December; my last entry was on January 2. It's fun to read back through the list and remember the fun little things that happened each day. I think I may find myself a cute notebook and continue the project, although perhaps I'll write down five positive things about each week rather than keeping up with daily entries.

I'll leave you with some of my favorite entries and the recommendation to give this quick and easy little happiness project a try. :)

*Watching the super-close overtime ending of the Broncos game with Jarrod and yelling at the TV together.
*Trying peppermint tea with honey for the first time after seeing it in a movie. Why didn't I think of that?
*Basking in the sun and watching the rainbows form as Jarrod (looking quite attractive) tried out his new surfboard.
*Actually being cold for a change and remembering that living in a place that's usually 85 degrees in December is really not such a bad thing.
*My brother finding out he was accepted to Colorado State University. I'm so excited to have a fellow Ram in the family!
*Visiting my friend Veronica's blog and seeing that she'd posted a picture of herself with the Hawaiian-made yarn I sent her for Christmas.
*Watching one of my new favorite movies, "Bottle Shock." It makes me want to become a wine drinker.
*Watching Conan attempt to open his Christmas presents.
*Making our favorite penne dish for dinner and subbing in some of Jarrod's homemade sausage for the chicken. Absolutely delicious!
*Watching the last sunset of 2011 from Waikiki Beach.

(image source)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good project to undertake. Thinking of something positive about each day would be a good thing for all of us to do.

    You found some good ones for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...