Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Malasadas, I'll Miss You!

IMG_8177

Now that I know for sure we'll be leaving Hawaii earlier than we most recently expected, I feel like I've got to take advantage of any and all opportunities to do Hawaii things! There's a malasada truck that parks in a shopping center where I go to Lowes and Old Navy, and I usually resist the temptation to gorge myself on one (or five) of these scrumptious Portuguese fried donuts. But the Hawaii pressure is on, and who I am to complain about an excuse to eat something sweet and soooo good?

So today I treated myself to a haupia-filled malasada. Haupia is coconut pudding, by the way, and one of my other favorite Hawaiian foods. In case you're wondering, I took these pictures sitting in the car, parked next to the Leonard's Wagon. Malasadas are best enjoyed ASAP when they're still piping -- crisp on the outside and soft and airy on the inside. And with a fistful of napkins!

IMG_8180

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...