Monday, October 22, 2012

She Picks Pumpkins At The Seashore

One of my favorite things about Oahu is that, though we have no fall weather to speak of, it's home to the best pumpkin patch I've ever been to -- Aloun Farms. Acres and acres of pumpkins -- miniature, regular, giant and white -- are ready for picking off the vine, along with corn and sweet onions.
 
pumpkins2
Here's Jarrod perusing a tiny section of the pumpkin field.

pumpkins1
We found some prime specimens!
 
IMG_1477
Since it's our last Halloween here, we decided to splurge on a giant "king" pumpkin.
 
IMG_1475
In all, we have nine pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and an assortment of gourds (in the leaf bowl) from the grocery store. I'm looking forward to carving our three big pumpkins next week for Halloween -- one for me, one for Jarrod and one for Conan!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...