Monday, June 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, The Broke and The Bookish asks us to come up with 10 beach reads. I'm sure we'll see a variety of interpretations of the term, but to me the quintessential beach read is light, breezy, easy and has a happy ending. It's something you can easily put down and pick back up. It doesn't take too much focus. It makes you smile.

8 beach reads I've enjoyed:
 (image source)
"Wicked Appetite" is the first installment of one of Janet Evanovich's newer series, but I think any of her books -- particularly the Stephanie Plum novels -- make great beach reads. Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors, and many of her books contain the perfect mix of humor, suspense and romance.

(image source)
"Twenties Girl" is my favorite Sophie Kinsella book, but any of her fun stories -- like "The Undomestic Goddess," "Remember Me" and the Shopaholic series -- are good for light and easy reading.

(image source)
This fun mystery novel is told from the dog's perspective.

(image source)
As with Sophie Kinsella and Janet Evanovich, any of Jennifer Crusie's humorous romance novels are perfect when you need a fluffy read.

(image source)
I've only made it to book 5 of the Sookie Stackhouse series, but eventually I'll get the rest read!
 
(image source)
Some of Jennifer Weiner's more recent books are a bit too serious to be considered "beach" reads, but her earlier novels like "Good in Bed" are quick and enjoyable.

There's even a section that takes place at the beach!
 
(image source)
This breezy Mr. Darcy-themed book wasn't my favorite ever, but I enjoyed it well enough. Read my review here.

And two books that are probably perfect "beach reads" currently collecting dust on my bookshelf:
 

3 comments:

  1. You have some good books on your list. I love Agnes and the Hitman and the Sookie Stackhouse books. I still have several of the Sookie books to read, too!

    I hope you have some fun beach reads this summer!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Sophie Kinsella. She's a fabulous beach read author! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahh... I hated Austenland. I had been expecting something great and was sorely disappointed. If you get a chance, take a look at my review here: http://booksteame.com/2012/06/17/austenland-book-review/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...