Saturday, July 20, 2013

Doggie Sweet Potato Treats

IMG_1829
Look at those eyes! Conan goes crazy for anything sweet potato, so we recently started making him dehydrated sweet potato treats at home. (I originally saw the idea here.) It's super simple and it's nice to give Conan healthy treats that I know the entire make-up of: just sweet potato, nothing chemical-sounding or hard to pronounce. We make Conan's food, so we might as well make some of his treats too!

Drying out the sweet potatoes is a looong process in the oven, so I recommend making a big batch at once. You can fit about two smallish potatoes on a cookie sheet, so I'd suggest doing at least two cookie sheets' worth at once so you don't feel like you're wasting electricity having your oven on all day.
 
IMG_1824
Cut your sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet or other pan. Bake at 195 degrees for 8-10 hours (depending on how big your potato slices are). Flip halfway through. They're done when they seem dehydrated and don't feel moist to the touch.
 
IMG_1825
Here's what the tops of my potatoes looked like after 4 hours, right before I flipped them.
 
IMG_1827
And here they are after 8 1/2 hours -- done and ready for Conan to drool over!

1 comment:

  1. They look pretty good. Have you tried them yourself? I know just by looking at Conan he LOVES them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...