Monday, September 16, 2013

Knitting FO: The Summer of... Shawl

IMG_2618
Project: The Summer Of... Sweet Corn and Mountain Air
Pattern: the summer of... MKAL
My Ravelry project page
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in Seafaring and Tranquil
 
IMG_2620
This pretty shawl was a mystery knit-along, one of my favorite things! You know what type of knitted item you're making, but have no idea what the finished product will look like. A piece of the pattern is released each week, and you can follow along with other knitters' progress and see how their projects are shaping up as the pattern grows.
 
IMG_2607
I named my shawl "The Summer of Sweet Corn and Mountain Air." Good, reasonably priced sweet corn is hard to come by in Hawaii, but it's ever-present in the summer in Ohio and I definitely ate my fill. We even went to the Sweet Corn Festival our town put on in August.
 
IMG_2614
The mountain air part represents our amazing trip to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. I had every intent to knit work on the shawl while we were on vacation (the last clue came out the day we arrived) but I didn't knit a single stitch! Still, it made the journey with us and spent a week of its life in a cabin in the mountains.
 
IMG_2616
I'm really pleased with the end result. That lace border is just stunning! I doubt I'll wear it much as a shawl but more like a triangular neck scarf, as in the third picture. The weather is getting chillier by the day and soon it'll be time to layer on knitted goodies for a little extra warmth!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors! The edges are very pretty, almost lace like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...