Monday, September 16, 2013

My Fall Reading List

It's Tuesday, which means it's time for the weekly top 10 list at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's prompt is the top 10 books on your fall to-be-read list. I actually did read most of the books on my summer TBR list -- and I've put "The Bone Season" on hold at the library. I did check out "The Other Typist" and "Silver Star," but I ran out of time to read them and had to take them back to the library. So all three of those books are also on my fall list, too!

Books in series I read that come out this fall:


The final book in the Divergent dystopian YA trilogy comes out October 22.


The latest installment in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series releases October 8.


Tasha Alexander writes one of my favorite series; it features Lady Emily, an unconventional Regency-era amateur detective. It comes out October 15.


I read the first two Bridget Jones books ages ago, and it'll be interesting to catch up with Bridget all these years later. Judging from the cover art, she's now a mother! "Mad About the Boy" also releases October 15.

Other books that come out this fall:
 

I didn't love "Eat, Pray, Love" as much as the rest of America, but this work of fiction, which comes out October 1, spans the 1800s and sounds really fascinating.


I hardly ever read non-fiction, but I love Bill Bryson and his latest work, which comes out October 1, should be a good read. Apparently the summer of 1927 was an action-packed season in America's history (think Charles Lindbergh, Babe Ruth and Al Capone) and I'm excited to immerse myself in it!

Books already out that I plan to read in the next few months:


My mom came across a blurb on this newer book and told me it looked good. I agreed, and I've got it on hold at the library.


Despite the fact that the "series" section of my list contains two YA books, I generally try to stay away from the genre. But I've been seeing the name Rainbow Rowell everywhere and I figure I better see what all the fuss is about.


This story of two women united by letters during WWII caught my eye. It came out last May.


This modern-day/historical fiction novel involves a ghost at Tudor England. Some people have compared it to a Dan Brown novel... not sure if that is good or bad. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got some great books on your list. I'm excited about THE BONE SEASON and ALLEGIANT as well. The Tasha Alexander series sounds really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to hear your thoughts on the new Elizabeth Gilbert book. I didn't like Eat, Pray, Love either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I definitely want to read Bristol House! And I'll have to check out Tasha Alexander. For some reason, cooler weather always makes me want to read historical fiction. Also, I LOVED Eleanor & Park, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :) Thanks for stopping by my post, Lindsay! New follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randi, thanks for following my blog! You should definitely check out the Tasha Alexander books. I was a bit disappointed in last fall's installment, but I loved all the other books!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...