Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Book Review: "The Husband's Secret"

"The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty
First published in 2013
396 pages
My rating: 4 out of 5
(image source)

The plot of "The Husband's Secret" wasn't quite what I expected after reading the book jacket, but maybe that's a good thing because I was completely enthralled.

Australian author Liane Moriarty introduces us to three very different women whose stories are all destined to intertwine. Tess just found out her husband is in love with her cousin, elderly Rachel is still mourning the decades-ago unsolved murder of her daughter, and perfect wife, mother and Tupperware consultant Cecelia is happily going about her life. But when Cecelia stumbles upon an old letter written by her husband -- to be opened only in the event of his death -- she sets into motion events that will change the lives of all three women.

Moriarity crafted a captivating story that kept me turning page after page. Even after the mystery of the letter's contents is revealed there's plenty more suspense to keep readers intrigued. I thoroughly enjoyed Moriarty's writing, and I thought she was very successful at making her characters seem real and relatable -- both likeable and flawed.

"The Husband's Secret" was a thought-provoking page-turner. It's quick and easy read, but it might make you reflect a bit on your own personality or the way you'd handle the mystery letter and its contents.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...