Monday, April 13, 2015

12 Awesome Bookish Quotes


This week's Top Ten Tuesday prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is all about quotes -- specifically, inspirational quotes from books. But I'm woefully poor at keeping track of quotable quotes when I'm reading, so I decided instead to compile some of my favorite words about the joys of books. Some were spoken by book characters, others are authors' quotes. Several of these are prints on Etsy -- wouldn't it be lovely to surround yourself with beautiful book-themed art?

This is my all-time favorite bookish quote! I love dogs, I love books, I love a good chuckle. Spot on, Groucho Marx!



3 comments:

  1. What a fun take on today's topic, Lindsay. I'm terrible about keeping track of favorite quotes too. I've often wished I could chat with an author of a book I've just finished, but then realize I probably would clam up and not know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you on not knowing what to say if I actually got to talk to an author about a book -- especially if I had any criticisms! Or else I would just be so excited to talk to them that I wouldn't be able to think straight!

      Delete
  2. Love all the quotes, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...