Monday, May 25, 2015

15 Books For Your Beach Bag


Aloha! Grab your flip-flops and your towel because the prompt for this week's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish is about beach reads!

beach collage
Couldn't resist sharing a handful of pictures from our trip back to Hawaii in March. One of these days I'll go through the hundreds of photos and do a whole blog post! So beautiful and peaceful and relaxing. Sigh...

A "beach" book should be light and easy, something that's absorbing and engrossing but can also handle lots of interruptions. I decided to do 10 books on my to-read list that I think would make great beach reads (and I also listed five books I've read within the last year that fit this bill). Now, normally this is where I'd start talking about how much I wish I were at the beach to read one of these selections, but I'm on vacation in New York City this week! I can't complain one single bit, so let's cut to the chase and get to the books!

Have you read any of these books? What books would you like to take to the beach? And while we're on the topic of beaches, what beach is your favorite? Mine is Barking Sands on Kauai.







Bonus: Here are five books I HAVE read that I can vouch for being awesome beach reads. In fact, I actually read "The Rosie Project" and "What Alice Forgot" on our trip to Hawaii in March!




IMG_1891_2

7 comments:

  1. Your definition of a beach read is perfect - especially the part about being able to handle lots of interruptions. And your pictures are gorgeous! First Grave on the Right is already on my TBR and I'm going to have to add The Eyre Affair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I hope that you love First Grave on the Right. I had a lot of fun reading it and am planning to read the rest of the series.Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! Attachments is one of the books I hope to get to this summer as well. I haven't read any of these yet, but I've heard great things about The Rosie Project. I hope you enjoy all of them!!

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-plan-to-have-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soulless is one of my all time favorites. I recently reread it and it is SO GOOD. :D I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bill Bryson and Rainbow Rowell, and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry is wonderful! Excellent choices here.

    I have an unrelated question - do you have an option for email subscription? I'm loving your blog, and you're right, we do have very similar tastes! But I don't really use any blog feeds and I'm terrible at remembering to check blogs regularly. The only way I keep up is if it's delivered to my inbox! If you would consider email subscription, I'd be hugely grateful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added an e-mail subscription widget! It's on the right sidebar. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
    2. See what I mean about being TERRIBLE at checking blogs? But I'm back now, and I have subscribed! Yippee! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...