Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Musings

chicken outfit

Highlight of the week: My best friend from middle and high school, Jaymee, came across the above photo and sent it to me on Facebook. She was in several different dance classes and that's me in her (way, way too small) chicken costume. Also, I'm wearing sky blue nail polish. It was 1997 or 1998 (seventh or eighth grade), after all. I probably took off JNCO jeans, an oversize Winnie-the-Pooh t-shirt and Airwalk sneakers to put the chicken outfit on. Ah, the good ol' days of passing specially-folded notes written with Gelly Roll pens, begging rides from Jaymee's older siblings, and crushes on boys I'd never even talked to.

Reading: I finished "A Curious Beginning" by Deanna Raybourn (loved it!) and blew through "Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King (loved it too!). Now I'm reading Kate Morton's new book, "The Lake House." I'm only about 50 pages in but guess what -- I'm loving it as well! What did I do to deserve three awesome books in a row?! Hopefully this doesn't mean the next three will be duds!

Knitting: I'm doing the Woolly Wormhead 2015 mystery hat knit-along. Clue 3 comes out today and I'm looking forward to seeing how the hat finishes up!

Watching: This week we watched "Inside Out" (cute!) and "Pixels" (ugh!).

Listening to: "Hello" by Adele. Still.

Following: landlopers on Instagram. I started following this travelogue account a couple weeks ago but only started paying attention to the posts this week. Sometimes it's hard to force myself to read several paragraphs of writing on an instant-gratification photo site, but landloper's captions are always interesting and educational.

Looking forward to: At the library we all get an extra day off at the end of the year (called "rewards and incentive" time) and I decided to take Thursday off. I was planning to go see "Love the Coopers" at the movie theater, but it didn't get very good initial reviews so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...