Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Musings -- From Florida!

DSCF1171

Highlight of the week: The Daytona 500 race was fun, but I think the real highlight of my week has been glugging down all the fresh Florida orange juice I can handle (soooooo much better than anything you can get at the grocery store) and stuffing my face with fried okra, not something easily found in Ohio. (By the way, Jarrod grew up here in central Florida and his first job was actually at an orange grove!)

The pre-vacation part of my week was great too. I got to spend Tuesday with my BFF, who was up visiting from Dallas. And Jarrod and I went to see Chris Janson, his favorite country singer, in concert Wednesday. We even did the meet-and-greet and got our photo taken with Chris!

Reading: I'm a little over halfway through "The Guest Room" by Chris Bohjalian. It's an intense read!

Knitting: I got a little more work done on my Stovetop Hat, but not a lot. It's mostly a TV knitting project to help me get a bunch of stuff watched on the DVR before we move.

Watching: Before our trip I was tackling last season's "Switched at Birth" on the DVR. It's one of my guilty pleasures. We also watched the first episode of the return of "The Walking Dead."

Looking forward to: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I'm so excited! I even brought my Hermione t-shirt to wear to the park. ("When in doubt, go to the library!")

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great time in Florida, Lindsay! Maybe some day I will make it there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida is great -- though the area where my husband is from is nothing like what most people visualize when they think of Florida. His part of the state is a rural, backwoods-y place where people fish, hunt, drive big trucks and have Southern accents. And eat copious amounts of fried okra -- yum (oh -- fried EVERYTHING, my husband says!). There are huge oak trees hanging with Spanish moss everywhere and orange groves and salt water marshes. It's not exactly Miami or Disneyland, but I like it! :)

      Delete
  2. You got to go to the Daytona 500!! Awesome! My dream is to go to the Indy 500 someday, or AT LEAST make it to Indiana to see the track/etc. (I'm from Oregon, so it's a ways away!). The Indy Car series used to come to Portland, OR so I grew going to the races. Sadly, the IRL doesn't go through Oregon anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Indy 500 was fun! We are stationed in Ohio right now and two years ago we just decided on a whim at the last minute to go to the race. I'm glad we did -- the weather was perfect and we got to see Jim Nabors sing the "Back Home Again In Indiana" song for the last time at the race.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...