Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Musings: Happy February!

IMG_0453

Highlight of the week: It was a pretty quiet week around here, but I did spend a lovely Friday afternoon with my book, a cup of coffee and some glorious sunshine streaming through the living room windows. And on Saturday I decided to splurge and make chocolate pudding cake for dessert... sooooooo sinfully good. (P.S. Those socks are a souvenir from the New York Public Library when we visited last May! And speaking of our New York trip, I'll be posting about it this week as part of my recap of all the traveling we did in 2015.)

Reading: I finished "Fates and Furies" by Lauren Groff yesterday morning. It started off slow but ended up being a totally engrossing read! Last night I read the first few pages of "In Bitter Chill" by Sarah Ward, a mystery set in England. I've had it checked out from the library for two months (for shame!) so it's definitely time to get it read.

Knitting: I dug out a knitting project that I had started two entire years ago, put down, and never picked back up again: a felted heart garland for Valentine's Day. It turns out I had knit nine hearts -- they just needed to be sewed up, stuffed and felted in the washing machine. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my hearts... We won't have a fireplace in Hawaii, so a garland might not be the best idea. (There's a picture of the hearts on Instagram if you're interested!)

Watching: "Straight Outta Compton" and "Everest," both pretty good. Watching "Everest" definitely renewed my interest in reading "Into Thin Air" by John Krakauer.

Listening to:


Eating: Red Robin -- yummmmm!

Tired of hearing: The word "caucus"!

Looking forward to: My new tattoo getting over it's peeling phase! It looks and feels a million times better than it did last week, but it's still not quite ready to be shown off. Long sleeves it is!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired of the word caucus, too, along with the words "latest polls show", Trump, Cruz and scandal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Fates and Furies! Also, I have nominated your for The Liebster Award! If you'd like to participate, you can check it out here - https://harryjaneandjohn.wordpress.com/2016/02/02/the-liebster-award/

    Thanks for writing! :) - Alyson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...