Thursday, October 26, 2017

Non-Fiction November 2017 + Reading Goals


I missed out on participating in Non-Fiction November last year, but I'm on the ball for 2017! Non-Fiction November is a month of discussion, recommendations and reading non-fiction -- a genre I love, but one I sometimes have trouble making time for.

Each week in November I'll be doing a blog post about non-fiction -- you can see the prompts here -- and I'm going to try to fit one or two non-fiction books into my reading queue. I'd love to read more, but as you can see from yesterday's post there are way more 2017 releases I hope to read by the end of the year than I'll ever have time for, most of them fiction.

Here are a few of the contenders (all 2016/2017 releases):

nonfiction nov want to read

1. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson

2. The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan

3. Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore

4. American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee

5. Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win WWII by Liza Mundy

6. The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir: by Alexandra Marzano-Lesnevich

7. From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty

8. Dear Fahrenheit 451: A Librarian's Love Letters and Break-Up Notes to the Books in Her Life by Annie Spence

9. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

10. Forty Autumns: A Family's History of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall by Nina Willner

2 comments:

  1. I don't tend to read a lot of non-fiction and when I do, it's either a memoir or has a dog at the center of it - go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to read Astrophysics for People in a Hurry and From Here To Eternity, but I suspect I won't get to either of them before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...