Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Grinch Book Tag

I saw this tag on Adventures of a Bibliophile, and it's originally from Thoughts on Tomes.

Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out: Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill
The Diviners series by Libba Bray. Really liked book 1, hated book 2. Also, The Others series by Anne Bishop gets less fabulous and more campy with every book; I'm still going to keep working toward getting caught up, though.

Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone: Name a book that you didn’t enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't love it as much as everyone else. In fact, I've read two John Green books now (I had to read one for work) and I wasn't all that impressed with Looking for Alaska either!

Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration: Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can’t pick a villain!)
He's a villain in that I and surely every reader hate him, but he's more of an unwitting villain than an evil, ill-intentioned one. I'm going with Father Konstantin from The Bear and the Nightingale and The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden.

You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn’t real: Name a book you were spoiled for
I can't think of a single one! I'm usually pretty good about avoiding spoiler-y book reviews. Shows, on the other hand -- I've been spoiled for Game of Thrones, Homeland, The Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy, and many others.

It’s freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn’t connect with
I was hoping to love both of these books, but I didn't really feel a spark with Jazz from Artemis by Andy Weir (sad face!!!) or Aviva from Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin.

Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ and it’s giving you anti-romantic feelings: Name a couple you couldn’t stand
Ron Weasley and Lavender Brown is all that's coming to mind!

That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won’t get rid of: show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren’t motivated to read, but you don’t have the heart to get rid of
The remainder of Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series, all the Jodi Picoult books I bought secondhand years ago and have yet to get to.

Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths)
Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't read Harry Potter!
I'm reversing this a little: I'm mad that Peter Pettigrew didn't get killed in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. That whole scene in the Shrieking Shack irritates me every time, whether reading the book or watching the movie; if Sirius and Lupin would just TELL HARRY WHAT IS GOING ON, so many things could've been different! I feel like that's one of the few scenes that really shows J.K. Rowling was writing the books for children.

The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (though I'm still reading it!)

The Grinch: Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!)
I couldn't stand Manon from The Little Paris Bookshop!

1 comment:

  1. Tripura Board of Secondary Education published the class 12th Class Textbooks Syllabus online at the official website of the board. Download Tripura Board 12th Class Textbooks Online Books from here. You can download Textbooks year TBSE Board 12th Class Syllabus below links. Tripura 12th Class Syllabus Tripura 12th Class exam 2021 will be held by Tripura Board of Secondary Education in March 2021. Students can download the Textbooks year Text Books 2021 of Tripura Board. TBSE 12th Class Online Books 2021 available download Tripura Board 12th Class Syllabus PDF English EBooks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...