Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Inspiration: (240) Books

This week's Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop prompt is books. Since I absolutely adore books and the original point of this blog was to share my book reviews, I was thrilled!

When I was deciding which direction to go with this post, I asked my husband if he thought I had a favorite book because I couldn't pinpoint one. With raised eyebrows, he looked and me and said, "All of them?" And he's right!

I love books simply because they're books. Each one holds the promise of an adventure. I get to be a detective, a CIA agent, a bounty hunter, an unfortunate wife of Henry VIII, a knitting shop owner, a dog, a wizard, a girl in love with a vampire. I love the look and feel of books, the smell of fresh ink and the sound a book makes when it's cracked open for the first time. I love the cover art and the author's acknowledgements. I have an insane amount of books. I actually counted, and the number of books currently on shelves in my house is... 240!


One of my favorite things to do is curl up with a good book and a cup of coffee. These books are some of the 13 that I purchased from Borders' going-out-of-business sale.

I've loved books for as long as I can remember. While all my "Babysitter's Club" and "Nancy Drew" novels are gone or packed away, my shelves still display Shel Silverstein's "A Light in the Attic" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends."

I have such varied tastes in authors and genres. My bookshelves hold everything from "Harry Potter" to Philippa Gregory to James Patterson to Jane Austen to Debbie Macomber, whose books I read along with my mom.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. We totally agree on books. The best way to spend a lazy afternoon. Which I wish I could enjoy more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...