Monday, September 26, 2011

Plumeria-Scented Monday & Literary ADD

IMG_4629

Aloha and happy Monday! There are some gorgeous flowers in bloom in my neighborhood right now and I've had my eye on two vibrant pink plumeria trees for a week or two. I finally toted my camera along for my walk with Conan this morning and thought I'd share the pictures with you.

The past week I've been sufferring from an ailment I'd liked to call Literary ADD. No book I picked up was able to keep my interest. I started with "Olive Kitteridge," a novel with a positive review from "O: The Oprah Magazine" right on the front cover. Unfortunately, I found it to be dreary and abrupt and not at all what I was in the mood for, so I marked my place and set it aside for later reading after two chapters. Then I began a book I'd had on hold at the library, "Books Can Be Deceiving" by Jenn McKinlay, the first in a murder-mystery series involving a small-town library. Sounds exactly like something I'd enjoy, but (sorry Ms. McKinlay) I found it to be dull and slow and boooring and gave up (for good) a couple chapters in. After that I picked up the next book I need to read in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, thinking some fantasy might be what I as craving. No luck.

Finally I selected Julia Child's autobiography, "My Life In France," which I got for a steal at the Border's going-out-of-business sale. Instantly I was hooked. I'm only on page 42 but Julia's descriptions of France have already made me pine to go there. The sights, the sounds, the food, and the fascinating post-WWII lifestyle have me hooked.

Bye for now; I'm off to join Julia in Paris!

IMG_4633

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...