Friday, September 19, 2014

Knitting FO: Na Pali Coast Cowl

DSCF4513
Na Pali Coast Cowl
Pattern: Rayures
My Ravelry project page
Yarn: various fingering weight yarn
 
P9062988
Digging through my stash to find yarn for this amazing striped cowl, I ended up with a pile of blues, greens and neutrals. The tranquil colors brought to mind the ocean, and I immediately knew I'd name my cowl after something from our three years in Hawaii. Kauai's 11-mile Na Pali Coast is probably the most stunning place I've ever been, and I think the name fits the cowl just right.
 
DSCF4503
I loved watching my cowl come together. The stripes are so cheerful and fun! The cowl is knit in one long tube and then grafted together using Kitchener stitch. It made great TV/audiobook knitting and was easy and relaxing. I was a bit nervous about grafting in the round, but it was actually no harder than normal Kitchener stitch. I found a fantastic YouTube tutorial here.
 
IMG_3814
Ahhh, beautiful Kauai. More pictures from our trips to Kauai can be seen here, here, and here.
 
DSCF4523
I made a few slight modifications, mainly adding an extra stripe of each color to every section for added length. I've written all the project details on my Ravelry project page.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my gorgeous striped cowl. The colors work so well together and the cowl is versatile, soft, cozy and happy. It will definitely brighten up Ohio's dreary winter days... maybe if I wish hard enough, it'll magically transport me to its namesake Kauai!
 
DSCF4515
 
DSCF4518

2 comments:

  1. Love the cowl! Such pretty colors together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm hoping the beautiful colors will brighten up the gray winter days. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...