Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Musings

IMG_2766

Highlights of the week: Jarrod was still gone last week (he's home now, yay!) and I was getting pretty lonely with just the cat for company! I did enjoy several evenings of reading in the hammock and basking in the absolutely perfect Ohio summer weather we've had lately. It's hard to beat 80 and mostly sunny. Also, I ate an entire bag of popcorn for dinner one night, which was pretty awesome. This is what happens when I'm left to my own devices!

Reading: This week I finished "See Also Murder" by Larry Sweazy (review) and "In the Unlikely Event" by Judy Blume (review). Both were ok -- though the Judy Blume book was a much better form of "ok" than the mystery. On Saturday I started "Armada" by Ernest Cline, his follow-up to "Ready Player One," and I'm really enjoying it so far. It was tough to decide what to read next -- as you can see, I had quite a fabulous selection!

IMG_2804

Knitting: Still hard at work on my BlueSand Cardigan. It's coming along wonderfully! I'm having so much fun knitting my first sweater that I've already selected a pattern for sweater #2! I'll post progress pictures of my sweater on the blog soon.

Watching: One of my goals for Jarrod's two weeks away was to get a whole bunch of stuff from the DVR watched -- and I was terrifically successful on that front (not that it was that hard, let's be honest)! I'm now totally caught up on one of my guilty pleasures, the ABC Family show "Chasing Life," and I started season 1 of the Masterpiece Mystery series "Grantchester." A cute WWII soldier turned vicar (i.e. nice guy!) who solves murders and drinks too much? Count me in!

I also watched "Out of Africa" with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.  I was inspired to watch it after reading Paula McLain's new book, "Circling the Sun" (review). Young Meryl Streep is absolutely stunning!

Trying: Aztec Secret bentonite clay mask -- supposedly works wonders on skin! And Pilot Varsity disposable fountain pens, my first-ever fountain pens.

Looking forward to: Now that Jarrod's home, we can see the new "Mission: Impossible" movie! And -- one week from today -- the assignment list for our move comes out! We won't find out where we'll be stationed next until October but this is the list of all the open jobs for Jarrod's rank and career field -- and one of them will be his! Fingers crossed for some awesome locations!

Quote of the week: "Once you have a wonderful dog, a life without one is diminished." So true. We miss our dear, sweet Conan so much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I just bought some Bentonite clay mask off of Etsy to try it out. This seller makes homemade skin care stuff that I LOVE. I already use her cleanser, toner and moisturizer and can't wait to try the mask. Let me know how yours is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica! I've only used it once (I figure I'll do it once a week) but I liked it. I discovered Aztec Secret because a friend of mine from Hawaii posted a funny picture on Facebook of her and her teenage boys with the mask on their faces and of course people asked about it. She said she's been using it since high school -- and she has beautiful, flawless skin so I thought I would give it a try! Who's the Etsy seller you get all your stuff from?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...