Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Musings

FullSizeRender

Highlight of the week: Eating tons of tomatoes fresh from the garden!

Reading: I finished and totally loved "Armada" by Ernest Cline (review to come!) and I finished up the audiobook of "Someday, Someday, Maybe" by Lauren Graham. It was perfect to listen to while knitting and I enjoyed hearing Lauren read her own novel. I started "The Little Paris Bookshop" a couple days ago but I've hardly read any at all! I've been so busy doing other stuff this week (gasp!). I also have "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" on my iPad and ready to start listening to. Kinda sad to be on the last Harry Potter audiobook. I've enjoyed listening to them so much!

Knitting: I'm absolutely loving my BlueSand Cardigan! This picture was taken a whole week ago, and I've made a good amount of progress since then. I'm almost done with the ribbed border that goes all along the front. After that's done, I do an i-cord bind-off along the entire thing (which will probably take forever!) and then the only big thing left will be the sleeves. I'm totally in love with the striped pocket linings.

sweater

Watching:
We watched the season finales of "Poldark" (really good!) and "True Detective" season 2 (blah) this week. I'm so glad that "Poldark" is coming back for an even longer season of 10 episodes next year. "True Detective," on the other hand, was a huge disappointment -- nowhere near as good as season 1. We also went to see the new "Mission Impossible" movie and enjoyed it (and the fact that we got a free popcorn!).

Trying: Hair chalk! As you can see in the top picture, I had a pinkish-purple streak in my hair on Friday. I love working at a place where we get to put colored stripes in each other's hair! :) And I also really, really liked my pink streak. I'm thinking about making it permanent!

Eating: I finally found an awesome baked bean recipe that we both agreed was a keeper from the first bite! (Patio Pintos via Taste of Home)

Following: hotdudesreading on Instagram. One of my friends at work told me about the account, and god bless her for it ! ;)   

Looking forward to: Oh my goodness, this next week is going to be totally awesome! On Tuesday we're going to see "The Book of Mormon," Wednesday and Thursday I'll get to hang out with my best friend who will be in town for her brother's wedding, and then we head off to the Smoky Mountains!

Quote of the week: "With all due respect, what you read is more important in the long term than the man you marry, ma chere, Madame." -- Monsieur Perdu in "The Little Paris Bookshop" by Nina George

3 comments:

  1. My, that IS an awesome week! The Book of Mormon was absolutely hilarious when I saw it a few years ago. I hope I can one day crochet something half as awesome as that cardigan. Those striped pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked "The Book of Mormon"! I know a couple people who've seen it and everyone has given it rave reviews. It seems like it'll be funny and vulgar enough for my husband to enjoy it too! ;)

      Delete
  2. I heard sort of mixed reviews of Lauren Graham's book, but I love her as an actress so I'm pretty sure I will give it a try sooner or later! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...