Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Musings

deer
Just look at that cute face peering through the snowflakes! Our neighbors put out corn for the deer and they come up every evening to have dinner. As much as it aggravates us when the deer devour our bushes, I'm going to miss seeing them when we move. I especially loved seeing the fawns in the summer!

Highlight of the week: My best friend Katie is in town to visit her family and we got to spend some time together last week. We did some shopping, went to a local cupcakery (picture on my Instagram) and ate a delicious dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

Winter has finally decided to visit Ohio -- we had snow Monday and Tuesday, and again yesterday, and it has been coooold! But I'm enjoying it; the snow is so pretty, and I know from experience that I'll be pining for snow and cold next winter when we're in Hawaii.

Reading: I finished "Fifteen Dogs: An Apologue" by Andre Alexis (definitely a quirky book -- review here) and got about 2/3 of the way through "The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife and the Missing Corpse: An Extraordinary Edwardian Case of Deception and Intrigue" by Piu Marie Atwell. I'm trying to read more non-fiction and this easy-to-read tale of an English duke who may have led a double life is pretty good.

Knitting: I finally started a new knitting project, a hat knit in gorgeous pink Malabrigo yarn. The pattern, Stovetop by TinCan Knits, features my favorite things -- texture and cables! I have no idea what I'm going to do with the hat when it's done, but it's helping me with my must-do project of watching everything on the DVR before we move in 7(!!!) weeks. (I can hardly wrap my head around that... eesh. I'm not ready!) I may just post a picture of it on Facebook and mail it off to whoever says they want it first! :)

Watching: We watched "Meet the Coopers" -- the Christmas movie with an ensemble cast of A-list actors -- which was ok, though I could totally see why it got skewered by the critics. We also watched the new James Bond movie, "Spectre," which was decent, though not my favorite of the Daniel Craig James Bond films. And "The Walking Dead" started back last night -- woo hoo! (We recorded it on the DVR to watch later in the week.)

Looking forward to: Spending another day with Katie, and Jarrod and I will be going to a Chris Janson concert this week (his favorite country singer). And maybe, possibly, an impromptu trip to Florida... We shall see!

I'll leave you with a picture of my pretty kitty cat, Lily, from yesterday. Her green eyes are mesmerizing! This picture is a definite keeper.

IMG_0580

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures this week of the deer in the snow, and Liily's beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...