Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My 10 Favorite Historical Settings


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic, provided by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish, is about past and future in reading. A variety of suggestions were given, and I decided on my 10 favorite historical settings, which turned out to be a bit harder than I imagined. I love historical fiction and non-fiction, and it was hard to narrow down exact times and places. But I did my best -- though my list is bit of a mess -- with a few examples of each.

What are your favorite historical periods to read about?

1. My favorite historical time period:
Late 1800s England
Bonus: anything to do with Sherlock Holmes!


And the rest in chronological order:


2. 1500s England

 3. 1700s U.K.
Bonus: the TV show "Poldark"

 4. Early 1800s England
Bonus: any and all TV shows and movies to do with Jane Austen

5. Early 1900s Exploration

6. WWI

 7. The Roaring '20s

 8. 1930s U.S.

 9. WWII U.S.

I particularly love reading about Victorian England, but my second-favorite historical setting is WWII in both the U.S. and Europe. It's a time period ripe with amazing stories -- both fiction and non-fiction -- as evidenced by these four wonderful books.

 10. WWII Europe

5 comments:

  1. I wish I liked historical fiction better! All of those covers are gorgeous :)

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love WWII books! There are so many great ones!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/02/top-ten-tuesday-42/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We shared a couple of books this week!! I am definitely going to check out the others as I'm always looking for good historical fiction!Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a fan of stories with WWII as a backdrop, either in America or abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the late 1800s and the Roaring Twenties. Those are two of my favorite historical settings, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...