Wednesday, August 10, 2016

7 Twitter-Sized Book Reviews

I'm not a Twitter tweeter, but I thought it'd be fun to try a different format for my latest round of mini reviews. These snippets might not quite be under 140 characters, but they're written in the spirit of Twitter: short and sweet!

One marriage, two perspectives. A slow first half but a huge reveal and a fast-paced second half. I didn’t like it as much as President Obama did, but I’m glad I read it.

How can history, England, war, books & MAGIC be so fucking boring? It finally picked up toward the end, but the first 550 pages were shockingly dull! 


Dual narrative set in WWII and present-day London. Amazing plot, lovable characters, partly told in letters. Exemplary historical fiction & one of my faves this year.
Brave, sweet little boy narrates first experiences with the world after spending entire life held captive in a windowless room. Sad, happy, at times exasperating. Only gave it 4 stars but would say it’s a must-read. 

Even better than book 1. Great continuation of the fun fantasy trilogy about four parallel universe Londons, magic, friends & an epic good vs. evil battle.

Squee! A completely delightful, easy to read, totally enthralling fantasy novel. I can't remember the last time I've been so utterly wrapped up in a story!

Magic + science. Uber-quirky & creatively genre-blending. But apparently forgettable, because 5 months later I have almost zero memory of the plot. I know I liked it when I read it!


5 comments:

  1. These were fun!! I actually put down Fates and Furies earlier this year. I think I need to pick it back at at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. I only use twitter occasionally because I have a hard time limiting characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Jonathan Strange is a long one. It's been sitting on my tbr list for years, but I know it will take a good chunk of my reading time to get through it!

    This is a fun way to write review-lettes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea for mini-reviews! I loved Uprooted and really need to finish writing my review. And I've started A Darker Shade of Magic, so I'll be getting around to A Gathering of Shadows eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...