Friday, August 12, 2016

I Judge Books By Their Covers: "Black Rabbit Hall"

I'm Lindsay, I'm a bookaholic, and I absolutely judge books by their covers.

Today we're comparing covers for "Black Rabbit Hall," a dual narrative told by two women separated by 50 years but linked by a now-crumbling English manor house. It's an intriguing novel of secrets, tragedy and long-buried family drama. Here's my review; I gave it 3.5 stars. Which cover do you prefer?

U.S. hardcover // U.K. hardcover

U.K. paperback // Australian paperback

Oh goodness, this is a toughie. I like all of these covers -- what a rarity! The gloomier, more foreboding U.S. and Australian covers fit the story better, and I loooove the little cock-eared rabbit silhouette in the Australian cover. But the two U.K. covers are just so damn pretty!

My winner: Ugh, this is so hard! I'm going with the Australian cover by a "hare"! (Hehe.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the US cover because the ironwork gate is just so evocative. I haven't read the book, but I would read the blurb based on the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful book covers! I haven't read the book myself, so I wouldn't know which cover pertains best to the content, but my favourite is definitely the UK hardcover edition. The Australian edition you chose feels very ominous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...